Resilience is, in a big part, trusting God and accepting our circumstances. The ability to be flexible, and to let go. To open ourselves up to new opportunities and be guided through the unexpected.
Resilience is one of the most difficult thing to build as a business owner. We want to succeed, and sometimes, we hang on so tight to the results, that we become frustrated, stressed out and overwhelmed. This mindset trait is one of the most important to build. It helps us to let go of the outcome, it frees us from overwhelm and it helps us to create better content, services & products for our clients.
How will resilience impact your business?
I have been coaching resilience as a big part of my programs. My weekly open rates went from merely 10% to between 15 and 40% (the industry average is 10%).
I have clients who have signed clients WITHIN DAYS of our first call on resilience, because we dived deep and they were able to let go of the outcome, and simply show up and serve.
Other results like… booking collaborations, increase of engagement & numbers in their own Facebook communities, etc.
But they already had a following, and systems in place. They needed mindset work more than anything. It wasn’t a cookie cutter solution, or a magical recipe. They worked hard, listened and implemented the strategies we talked about.
In the midst of all the make money easy, 5-figure months copy, how can we build resilience & focus on our goals, our vision, without getting distracted?
- Face reality.
- Take a good look around, and analyze other businesses. Did they REALLY achieve those results within 30 days? A lot of them already had a following, they have been working on the behind the scenes for a while.
I have had coaches told me: you can round up the numbers. You made 9K? Tell you made 10K. Like in any industry, there are honest and dishonest people.
- Look at where you were and where you are now.
- Being a business owner is not just about your bank account. It’s about growth. It’s about the person you are becoming, the better version of yourself. I am sure you made amazing progress! Take a moment to take that in!
- Accept your circumstances
- It is so hard to accept where we are when we know something better is coming. But fighting where we are is pointless and waste of time and energy. You can’t do anything about your current circumstances. The only thing you CAN do is keep working and moving forward. Every little step, every post, everything you put out there counts and will lead to big results.
Wouldn’t your life be more amazing if you LOVED the place you are at right now? In 2017, I hit a big wall and to make a long story short, I almost declared bankruptcy due to the wrong investments in my business. During this time, I’ve never had so little money and yet, I was so happy. It forced me to focus on the positive and to enjoy every little things. From my fridge full of fresh fruits to all the new recipes I was trying out.
My husband and I got closer. Instead of going out, we would cook, read, play video games, make a tent in our small living room. It was magical.
You have to find joy and peace where you are right now. Otherwise, you will always want more and never be satisfied with what you have. Enjoy the process. When you will get to the finish line, you will look back and be SO HAPPY!!!
- Focus on the positive
- Focusing on the negative and what is going wrong won’t help you to build a successful business. It will show up in your services, in your content and in how you present yourself. It will also make everything worse. Building a business is already hard, building resilience is hard, you don’t need to make it harder.
Focusing on the positive will help you develop resilience. It will help you accept your circumstances, and let go of the things out of your control. This is one of the most amazing feeling. To face a wall and say: oh well, it’s okay! I will find a solution!
- Be open to the unexpected
- This is my last point. You can plan everything in your business, from strategies, to marketing, to goals. It is super important actually! But you need to be careful of not overdo it: hanging on too tight to your plans and lose opportunities.
Sometimes, we hang on too tight to the results. What if an opportunity comes your way? Will you let it pass by just because you have your plan?
I didn’t plan on starting collaborations that soon. I thought it would be more in 2019. And then, one of my business friend, Allie Davis, offered me to be part in her amazing giveaway in December 2017, alongside 11 amazing other women. This led to me, writing this blog post, and being offered a few guest experts gigs in different groups & programs for later this year.
I fell in love with collaborations. In a space where it is easy to feel lonely, it makes it easier to surround myself with amazing women and we build each other up.
I have my business plan for 2018 since October, but I changed it. I left space for incredible opportunities.
Resilience will truly change your business and your life. I am living proof of that, and my clients are living proof also.
Love, Leïla xx
Your Business Strategist
Leïla is a business strategist. She helps female entrepreneurs create the perfect road map to build their amazing business around their lives, and not the other way around!