The main goal was to create a form that allows the user to enter data and search a database in the field greatly reducing the amount of time it takes for a user to find the hazard that applies.
One of the tasks that takes users a large amount of time is looking up the codes hazards they observed against the federal codes.
To help facilitate understanding of the objects within the system I started by creating a map of the relationships these objects have with each other.
During discovery I made a list of all the objects I uncovered from competitive analysis, subject matter expert interviews, existing documentation of the INSafe conulting process. After building my list analysis was done to define the structure of these items and which items are nested under others.
This then allows me to start defining the navigation of the elements so that users can get to the appropriate items at the correct times.